Mar 13, 2012

Bucket List

The last year or so has held a lot of lessons for me and my family.  Sometimes it seemed too many to take at once.  The most important of them all though was to embrace life and those you love while you have time.  My husband often says, "I don't want to look back at the end of my life and say, I was able to put a lot of money in the bank.  I want to say I had a f*&%ing blast!"  There are so many things that I want to do (or start doing again).  The things that tug at my heart when I think about them.  I think a bucket list is a living thing.  It changes as life progresses and priorities change.  But for now, these are the things on mine.

Bring my blog back to life
Run a half marathon

If that is successful - run a marathon

See the Northern Lights

Hiking in the Grand Canyon

Reunite with siblings raised by different parents

Go on a mission trip

Read the Bible

Start drawing again

Start sewing again

Make a Thanksgiving Dinner

Get a tattoo

New Years Eve in Times Square for Angelique's birthday

Learn to take good pictures

Finish College

Live on a boat

Do some stuff I have pinned on Pinterest

Take a spontaneous trip (I am a planner)

Watch my children fall in love

Watch my husband cry when he gives our daughter away

Hold my grandchildren

3 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Awww, those are good ones. I've often thought of doing a bucket list, but my lazy gets the best of me. LOL. Someday....hopefully before it's too late. :-)

Kim McPherson said...

I love this! Those are all great goals, um well... maybe not so much the tattoo thing, but hey to each her own. Love, Love, Love your blog and can't wait to check out more! You are now permanently in my google reader. Thank you so much for sharing yourself with us!
Kimmy
www.withoutalabel.me

MiMi said...

What a great list. :)
Very sweet. I want to see the northern lights too. But watching my children fall in love and holding my grandchildren are the most important.